Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday, September 28 - Adjustment to Treatment Schedule

The beginning of my combined radiation/chemotherapy has been postponed one day and is scheduled to begin Tuesday, Oct. 11.  Yesterday I had an appointment with my oncology nurse during which my blood was checked and a liter of saline was dripped into me via my mediport.  The blood tests showed that my kidney function continues to improve slowly, but not to the level from before my adverse reaction to the cisplatin of my first cycle of inductive quemotherapy.

I still do a double-take every time I look into a mirror and see my bald pate and skimpy beard.  Any recovery of my hair loss caused by my first cycle of inductive chemotherapy will likely be set back by the effect of the carboplatin, the cancer drug that will likely be injected once a week in combination with my radiation therapy beginning on Oct. 11.

Damaris and I are looking forward to our train trip to Chicago to visit Tim and Bret.  We anticipate some colder weather, but that will be more than made up by the warmth of seeing them and being able to celebrate Tim's 30th birthday together with them.  When we return from Chicago, Raquel will help us move from the Snyders' to wherever we will stay the first days of my radiation treatment.  Hopefully we can move directly into Hope Lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment